On the Caribbean island of Curaçao anyone can now discover the sea at a depth of 1.000 feet (320meters).
Substation Curaçao launches Curasub, the world's most spectacular certified mini-submarine for tourists. The Curasub descends four times a day from Bapor Kibra to unreachable depths for divers. Onboard, submarine passengers make a memorable journey to places where very few people have ever been.
The colorful fish, corals and old shipwrecks are perfectly visible in the crystal clear waters that surround the island of Curaçao. From inside the Curasub passengers have a clear view with visibility of over 60 feet (30m). The design of the Curasub is based on the well proven 30 year old Aquarius submarine, which today is still operational.
All systems have been certified by Germanischer Lloyd’s, meeting and exceeding the highest safety standards.
Unlike SCUBA-diving, submarine-diving has no effects of pressure change on the body. This means that people who are unfit to dive because of medical reasons are almost always allowed to dive with the submarine. People with ear-problems, cardiac disease, lung problems etc. Are all allowed to dive in the submarine.
Because the Curasub travels at greater depths than divers can reach, the submarine is also used for scientific marine research. The bottom of the ocean is a vast and greatly unknown frontier that in the future will contribute to the research and development of bio chemical structures and substances and marine-biology. Check out our website for the different programs that we offer.
Adrenaline dive > $425,- per person » 425.00 1PM Book now! Adrenaline dive > $425,- per person » 425.00 9am Book now! Deep dive > $650,- per person » 650.00 11am Book now! Deep dive > $650,- per person » 650.00 1PM Book now! Standard expedition dive > $650,- per person » 650.00 11am Book now! Standard expedition dive > $650,- per person » 650.00 9am Book now!
Wordpress Blog Content
& book now!
- Exploring Bonaire's deep reef by submarine - Wageningen UR http://t.co/6nkgP9LMgh
- RT @ZooKeys_Journal: The secrets of the uderexplored #Caribbean deep #reefs: a new species of tiny blenny fish http://t.co/7ea9nuQqJg http:…
- RT @Pensoft: @ZooKeys_Journal @SubstationCur submersible Curasub helps scientists discover a #newspecies http://t.co/LPNuJVqi36 http://t.co…
- Sub dive 6th of June: http://t.co/cZCno2y84S via @YouTube
- Blue tangs: http://t.co/dkTSphkP7C via @YouTube
- Fishingboat2013: http://t.co/rmE2l6fSfR via @YouTube
- In a continued collaboration, a new species of hermit crabs discovered live in Curacao. http://t.co/pgrd7FzejY
- Thanks to all our customers we received our Tripadvisor award for excellence for 2012~. Thank you all http://t.co/OVajdG2T
- MTV Brasil's Marcelo Adnet with the Curasub today. Catch him on our camera underwater: http://t.co/gkcrG3PY
- Hoe belangrijk is Curacao voor het onderzoek naar Diepzee riffen? Lees het interview in de Ñapa:http://t.co/9uV7zScI