Make a donation.
Substation Curacao is supported by the Foundation Curacao Deep Reef Research Centre.
What the Foundation Curacao Deep Reef Research Centre wants to achieve is:
• promote, conduct and/or commission research into marine biodiversity on the (deep) reef;
• collect underwater organisms for scientific research;
• support publishing of research data;
• help promote responsible management, preservation, recovery and development of the underwater world;
• create general awareness among especially the younger generation to take care of and protect the marine environment.
The Curasub is an important tool for achieving these goals. In particular because the deep reef are rather underexplored ocean ecosystems, that are however likely to play an important role in the survival of the shallow reef and its inhabitants. So by using the submarine more can be learned about the diversity of life on deep reefs, how it changes over space and time and more importantly how to protect and preserve marine life in general.
CDRRC is a not-for-profit organization. Donations will be dedicated to funding research by marine biologists and other marine scientists and institutions that want to conduct research on deep reefs and to set up programs that inform about the protection of the marine environment and preserve this environment for future generations.
If you want to show your support and make a donation you can do so to the following account:
Foundation Curacao Deep Reef Research Centre
Bapor Kibra z/n
SWIFT (BIC) Code: MCBKCWCU
Chamber of Commerce: 140289